BS (Physics) Fudan University, Shanghai, China May 1999
MA (Physics) Columbia University, New York May 2001
PhD (Physics) Columbia University, New York Oct. 2004
Thesis: Optical Spectroscopy of Nano-structures with femtosecond laser pulses.
Adviser: Tony Heinz
Miller Research Fellow University of California, Berkeley Aug. 2005 – Jul. 2007
Assistant Professor University of California, Berkeley Jul. 2007 – Present
We are interested in light-matter interaction in condensed matter physics, with an emphasis on novel physical phenomena emerging in nanoscale structures and at surfaces/interfaces. When electrons and phonons are confined in nanometer scale or at surface/interfaces, they respond differently to external stimuli. We investigate the unique nature and dynamics of such excited states using ultrafast laser spectroscopy. Our laser spectroscopy has sensitivity down to individual nanostructures, together with time resolution of femtoseconds and spectral coverage extending from far-infrared, visible to UV.
- Zheng Yan, Yuanyue Liu, Long Ju, Zhiwei Peng, Dr. Jian Lin, Dr. Gunuk Wang, Dr. Haiqing Zhou, Changsheng Xiang, E. L. G. Samuel, Carter Kittrell, Dr. Vasilii I. Artyukhov, Feng Wang, Boris I. Yakobson, and James M. Tour, Large Hexagonal Bi- and Trilayer Graphene Single Crystals with Varied Interlayer Rotations. Angewandte Chemie(2014)
- L. Ju*, J. Velasco Jr*, E. Huang, S. Kahn, C. Nosiglia, Hsin-Zon Tsai, W. Yang, T. Taniguchi, K. Watanabe, Y. Zhang, G. Zhang, M. Crommie, A. Zettl & F. Wang, Photoinduced doping in heterostructures of graphene and boron nitride, Nature Nanotechnology(2014).
- S.-F. Shi, T.-T. Tang, B. Zeng, L. Ju, Q. Zhou, A. Zettl, and F. Wang, Controlling Graphene Ultrafast Hot Carrier Response from Metal-like to Semiconductor-like by Electrostatic Gating, Nano Letters(2014).
- A. Majumdar, J. Kim, J. Vuckovic & F. Wang, Graphene for tunable nanophotonic resonators, IEEE (2013).
- A. Majumdar*, J. Kim*, J. Vuckovic & F. Wang, Electrical control of silicon photonic crystal cavity by graphene, Nano Letters (2013)
- K. Liu*, X. Hong*, Q. Zhou, C. Jin, J. Li, W. Zhou, J. Liu, E. Wang, A. Zettl & F. Wang, High-throughput optical imaging and spectroscopy of individual carbon nanotubes in devices. Nature Nanotechnology (2013).
- K. Liu, X. Hong, M. Wu, F. Xiao, W. Wang, X. Bai, J.W. Ager, S. Aloni, A. Zettl, E. Wang & F. Wang, Quantum-Coupled Radial-Breathing Oscillations in Double-Walled Carbon Nanotubes, Nature Communications.(2013)